Microsoft Imagine Academy
Digital skills, curriculum & certification
Academic institutions and their educators, students and staff benefit from digital curriculum and certifications for fundamental technology skills – as well as courses critical for success in today’s technologically evolving world.
Discover the value of Microsoft Imagine Academy
By joining the Imagine Academy program, you will get a full curriculum for teaching technology courses and learning tools that help students achieve success.
Imagine Academy enables you to offer training not only on fundamental technology skills, but also technical courses for your students, faculty plus staff who are interested in pursuing a career in IT after graduation.
Imagine Academy is a complete technology education solution connecting staff, teachers, students, employers and local communities through leading-edge technology skills development that leads to certification.
Help students learn to be productive using Microsoft Office and other software tools for a wide range of jobs and other life pursuits.
Provide the core technical skills required to build a sustainable technology career managing infrastructure for cloud, clients, devices databases, and Office 365.
Prepare students for college and career roles in software and app development.
Builds on core Excel and database fundamental skills by providing students with advanced skills for querying, analyzing and visualizing data.
– The Microsoft Official Academic Course (MOAC) series delivers a complete learning and teaching framework developed specifically for use in an academic setting.
– The Microsoft Online Learning curriculum provides unlimited access for more than 400 courses.
– Ready-to-use, customizable lesson plans include links to relevant Microsoft Online Learning and free demos and videos.
– The Microsoft Digital Literacy curriculum provides essential computing skills for learners new to computing.
– Academic pricing for Microsoft Official Courseware (MOC) an instructor-led training intended for IT professionals and developers who build, support, and implement solutions by using Microsoft technologies.
– Microsoft Certifications differentiate students in today’s competitive job market and broaden their employment opportunities. Microsoft Imagine Academy members receive academic discounts for Microsoft Certification exams. Microsoft Imagine Academy also provides the steps to establish a Certiport or Pearson VUE test center on your campus.
– Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) exams prepare your students to be more productive in school and business careers.
– Microsoft Technology Associate(MTA) exams provide an entry-level opportunity to explore various technical careers.
– Microsoft Certifications Solutions Associate/Expert(MCSA/MCSE) exams provide steps to validation of a student’s ability to design and build innovative solutions across multiple technologies, both on-premise and in the cloud.
– Teaching with Technology Curriculum is online learning that helps educators integrate Information and Communications Technology (ICT) into their practice.
– Ten (10) Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) certification exam vouchers enable educators to validate they have the global educator technology literacy competencies needed to provide a rich, custom learning experience for students.
– Professional Development benefits include ten (10) exam vouchers for Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) and ten (10) exam vouchers for Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification exams to enable educators to obtain globally recognized certification.
– Microsoft Certified Trainer (MCT) discount provides 50% off MCT memberships.
– Easy to use Members Site with access to program information, support, and resources all in one place.
– Microsoft Imagine Academy blog, social media and monthly newsletters that can help you stay current with program announcements and benefits.
– Download and print certificates of completion for students who have completed Microsoft courses.
– Marketing materials, communications, PR guidelines and videos to help promote your Microsoft Imagine Academy to parents, communities and governmental leaders.
– Access to the Microsoft Regional Support Center (RSC) for program inquiries and assistance.
The lifetime benefits of Microsoft Certifications
The Microsoft Imagine Academy program prepares educators and students for industry-recognized certifications.
Technology is everywhere. There is a need to provide appropriate business software and technology skills necessary in everyday life, whether it is basic computer skills or advanced technical skills. Almost every job today requires some form of technology skills.
By earning a Microsoft Certification students will:
- Demonstrate their skills on the latest technologies.
- Have a firm measure and increased confidence in their skills.
- Achieve a greater degree of success in their pursuit of higher education or a career.
- Gain recognition among peers and employers, and a distinct edge in the competitive job market.
- Chart a career development path for ongoing Microsoft skills.
Microsoft Office Specialist (MOS) certification validates mastery of Microsoft Office skills that are valuable demonstrating productivity in a wide range of jobs and other life pursuits. Earning MOS certification proves the ability to use Office applications for on the job needs and provides valuable distinction to help students enter higher education or the workforce.
Microsoft Technology Associate (MTA) certification validates understanding of basic technology concepts in software development and information technology. Earning MTA certification proves a foundation of knowledge about technology along with the capability and commitment to do entry-level IT jobs. Becoming a Microsoft Technology Associate can give you a strong base to support further learning in computer science or IT infrastructure.
Post-Secondary Students and Professionals
Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate (MCSA) certification validates mastery of the core technical skills required to build a sustainable career. Earning an MCSA certification while in school enables students to develop a professional competency in a classroom setting. Pursuing an MCSA certification is recommended for those with access to hands-on practical experience and a foundation of core knowledge about information technology. An MCSA certification is required to become an MCSE.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Developer (MCSD) certification is recommended for professionals or students in a 4-year academic program. The MCSD builds off the MTA certification for computer science. Earning MCSD certification while in school enables students to acquire job-like software development experience in a classroom setting. Becoming an MCSD will prepare students to be competitive for mid-level software development jobs.
Microsoft Certified Solutions Expert (MCSE) certification demonstrates ability to build innovative professional solutions across multiple technologies, both on premise and in the cloud. Earning MCSE certification demonstrates readiness for complex, real-world IT workplace requirements for Device Management, Messaging, Private Cloud, Communication Server Infrastructure, SharePoint, Desktop Infrastructure, Data Platform, and Business Intelligence solutions.
Microsoft Certified Educator (MCE) certification demonstrates that educators have achieved technology literacy in six content areas, mapped to the UNESCO ICT Competency Framework for Teachers, Technology Literacy.